The top 5 reasons why you need to join the CFN 6 week Paleo Challenge
- It will save your life…..literally: Very few people in today’s society appear healthy. Kids are heavier, teenagers are sleep deprived and muffin topped, the middle aged are stressed to the gills, and the elderly are resigned to walkers and wheelchairs. What we eat is hands down the biggest influencer on our health, wellness, and longevity. Our ancestors in the hunter-gatherer era were virtually free of degenerative diseases. They were powerfully built with strength and endurance. The bottom line here is that we are genetically wired for a lifestyle that is all but gone now. We live in a world where everything is fast paced and eating habits are governed by too many people who care more about money in their pockets than the health and well being of their citizens. What often happens is that when people do the paleo challenge and completely eliminate grains and dairy for 42 days they discover that their body has extremely adverse reactions to things they had grown accustomed to eating on a daily basis when they are reintroduced. I know from my own personal experience, I realized after doing the paleo challenge that I have a bad reaction to dairy products. It not only causes extreme stomach issues, but causes eczema as well. All of that was causing inflammation in my system, which wasn’t helping the fact that I already have auto-immune thyroid disease. Am I being overly dramatic in saying it could change your life? Not really. Anything that can cause drastic changes in blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, inflammation, the aging process, etc. is a bonus in my book. If nothing else those of us with children need to think of longevity. I personally want to be out in the yard playing with my grandchildren one day.
- Community Support: It is always easier to face a challenge when you are doing it with other people. Not only will Jason and I be completing the challenge right along with you, but most people who are regularly in classes with you in the gym will be as well. This sense of support gives you the push to make it through the hard days when cravings are intense and you want to cave in. Knowing that others around you are experiencing the same things and are pushing their way through this lifestyle overhaul too will stop you from “cheating.” For all of our members on facebook, we will also have a group on facebook for all of us to post recipes, or vent about the challenges and frustrations of following the paleo way in a very non-paleo world.
- The end of dieting: Eating Paleo, and adopting it as a complete lifestyle change, will finally free you from all of the “yo-yo” dieting you’ve put yourself through. You can stop counting carbs, calories and fat grams forever. Really. As long as you stick to natural foods and eat them in reasonable amounts, you will transform into a super hot cavewoman or caveman who looks and feels amazing. It may take a little time to transition, but it’s worth it. You will lose fat, gain energy, and wonder why you didn’t make the change sooner. After all, this way of eating has been around for millions of years.
- You’ll feel better: People who follow a Paleo diet report the following: better sleep, less fatigue, more energy, and reduced allergy symptoms. Also following the Paleo diet reduces inflammation in the body which helps with migraines, asthma, allergies, food sensitivities, autoimmune disorders, Celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative Colitis, IBS, rashes eczema, acne, fibromyalgia and pain disorders, hormone imbalance, osteoporosis, cancer, diabetes, thyroid disorders, hypertension, fertility issues, PCOS, depression…and more. Have I mentioned that all of this also leads to increased libido! Let’s face it, eating clean always makes people happy and causes them to feel better about themselves.
- You’ll perform better in and out of the gym: Better fuel = better resources for your body to draw from when working out, plus all the health benefits associated with lower inflammation are now out of your way and your body can function optimally during the WOD’s and recover better post WOD. This will also transfer into your everyday life. In your jobs, homes, and other activities you will notice that you have less fatigue and are able to accomplish more.
*In the words of Robb Wolf himself, “Take a chance, give a Paleo diet a shot. Dare to turn back the hands of time and live the full genetic potential with which we are born into this world.”