We can’t tell you how excited we are to introduce you to the Athlete of the month for June. Joanne is one of our childcare leaders here at Northlake. Since joining Northlake, Joanne has always worked really hard. She takes whatever coaching we give here and applies it t the very next rep.
1: Where are you from originally?
Copley Ohio, its is right outside of Akron.
2. What is your favorite WOD/movement?
Box Jumps, I finally got it down!
3. What is your least favorite WOD/ Movement?
Hands down, burpees.
4. What were you doing before CrossFit? How did you hear about CrossFit and/ CrossFit Northlake?
I was doing a lot of running before CrossFit, when I joined in December I had just completed the Thunder Road half marathon and the Huntersville half. My cousins have been doing CrossFit for a few years and I’d always wanted to try it. One of coworkers used to work with Amy and she mentioned to me that Northlake was looking for someone to do childcare. I jumped at the opportunity and emailed Amy right away.
5. What other sports or activities do you participate in besides CrossFit?
I like to play golf, wakeboard, and hang out by the pool.
6. How many times per week do you CrossFit?
3-4, now that it’s summer and my schedule is a little different I hope
to make 4-5 days a week.
7. What is your athletic background?
I played soccer, softball, and was on the swim team in middle and high
school. In college I played intramural volleyball, hockey, softball, and
tennis. ( I was never very good at any of these things, but I had fun!)
8. Give us some insight as to your thoughts after your first workout at CrossFit Northlake.
This is going to kick my butt, and I like it!
9. Do you have any special or favorite CrossFit Northlake memories/moments?
The one that sticks out the most is when I fell trying a max push
press. ha! I also didn’t learn what AMRAP meant until about a month
ago at the girls night out WOD, which was a great time. Oh, and the
first time I had touched my toes in 10+ years!
10. What advice would you give to a newbie or someone just joining CrossFit Northlake?
Keep at it, you will be amazed at how quickly your strength and
11. What is your eating style?
I try to stay Paleo. I’ve just completed another 30 days strict
Paleo to keep myself on track.
12. What kind of results have you seen since starting at CrossFit Northlake
I am way stronger especially in my upper body. I am also a lot more
flexible now than ever before.
13. What do you do for a living?
I teach 4th grade and babysit during the summer.
14. What drives you to be an active family?
I like the way working out makes me feel physically and mentally. I can
tell when I haven’t been in a few days. Exercising always puts me in a