1: Where are you from originally?
High Point, NC
2. What is your favorite WOD/movement?
3. What is your least favorite WOD/Movement?
4. What were you doing before CrossFit? How did you hear about CrossFit and/ CrossFit Northlake?
I was at LKN for about 6 months before they closed shop. Coach Sarah told me there were lots of single women at Northlake so it was my first choice.
5. What other sports or activities do you participate in as a family besides CrossFit?
Using the term “family” loosely here… I play a little golf and a lot of guitar.
6. How many times per week do you CrossFit?
I try to get in at least 5-6 days a week
7. What is your athletic background?
I was a golfer and a “bro” lifter… So I don’t have much of one (haha)
8. Give us some insight as to your thoughts after your first workout at CrossFit Northlake.
I hit the time cap on my first WOD at Northlake. It was a challenge and a clear indicator that I had (and still have) a lot of work to do to reach my goals.
9. Do you have any special or favorite CrossFit Northlake memories/moments?
Aside from meeting tons of awesome people… I got my first muscle up in my first week at Northlake!
10. What advice would you give to a newbie or someone just joining CrossFit Northlake?
Buy a t-shirt. Once you’ve done that, meet as many people as you can and look for people who can teach you. Working out with friends is 100x more fun.
11. What is your eating style?
I was pretty strict paleo for a while but JB put me on the oats/rice diet to go along with that.
12. What kind of results have you seen since starting at CrossFit Northlake?
I try not to spend too much time mirin’… I’m working to put on some size/strength and I’m heading in the right direction.
13. What do you do for a living?
I’m a field software consultant.
14. What drives you to be an active family?
I want to stay healthy my whole life so its best to get into good habits now.