1: Where are you from originally?
I grew up in Florida, and moved to the Charlotte area in 2012.
2. What is your favorite WOD/movement?
My favorite movement is anything overhead!
I love push presses and push jerks.
3. What is your least favorite WOD/ Movement?
I would have to say running. I am getting better, but still not a fan!
4. What were you doing before CrossFit?
I started Crossfit in Florida, and before that I was doing Tae Kwon Do.
5. How did you hear about CrossFit and/ CrossFit Northlake?
When I moved to North Carolina, I found a box in the area, but didn’t feel it was
a good fit. I left the box after a month, in hope to find another box in the area.
I went to our neighborhood fall festival, and met Jason and Amy from CFN.
CFN was opening soon, and I had a feeling it would be the perfect box to join!
6. What other sports or activities do you participate in as a family besides CrossFit?
We all do CF as a family! The girls participate in gymnastics, swimming, and tennis.
We also love to roller skate!
7. How many times per week do you CrossFit?
4 times per week
8. What is your athletic background?
I started gymnastics and cheerleading at a young age, and continued both through high school. I also did track and field in high school, but only the 100M hurdles. Anything over 100M was too long to run! I also have my black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
9. Give us some insight as to your thoughts after your first workout at CrossFit Northlake.
After my first workout, I really thought I was going to die! It hurt to walk up my stairs for days! I couldn’t wait to go back, because it was such a challenge.
10. Do you have any special or favorite CrossFit Northlake memories/moments?
I would have to say participating and watching the Master’s competition. I was inspired by everyone that competed, and loved all the support that CFN brought
to the competition. Wods for Dogs was another one of my favorites. Sarah was a
great partner, and we had tons of fun! I love all of the members at CFN!
11. What advice would you give to a newbie or someone just joining CrossFit Northlake?
I would say just stick with it…give it some time! You will not feel comfortable right away.
12. What is your eating style?
I try to eat clean during the week, and I have cut out a lot of things I used to eat…sugars..etc..
13. What kind of results have you seen since starting at CrossFit Northlake?
I didn’t realize the results, until my friend sent me a before and current picture.
My cholesterol has also dropped tremendously from working out, and eating better.
I have also seen huge strength gains! When I started CF, I couldn’t even do sit ups!
I am happy to see how far I have come, and will continue to make improvements.
14. What do you do for a living?
I am an Allstate Insurance agent. I sell auto, home, commercial, and Life insurance for the state of Florida.
15. What drive you to be an active family?
I have 2 girls, and want them to know the benefits of exercising and staying active.